The Department of Medicine at Baylor Scott & White Health, Central Region, is seeking an experienced PhD Social Scientist, ideally with a focus on population health or related field, to serve as Vice Chair for Research to lead and grow a research program that will change people’s lives.
- Experience as an established clinical researcher, with a track record of funding as a principal investigator
- Advanced research training in public health, epidemiology, or a related field
- Demonstrated the ability to effectively collaborate with clinicians and navigate the infrastructure of a large healthcare system
- Experience with informatics is a plus
- Leadership/management experience is a plus
- This position is fully funded by a generous endowment for the first 3 years, after which the Vice Chair will be expected to have 50% external funding
- Endowment funds are also available to recruit one or more additional research scientists, as well as a grants administrator and data manager
- The Vice Chair will have academic appointments with Baylor College of Medicine and the BSW Center for Applied Health Research, thus fostering additional opportunities for collaboration
- This position offers access to a large vertically integrated healthcare system with >4M lives, ideal for the departmental focus on population health research and innovation
- Reports to the Chair of Medicine, Dr. Michael Volk
About Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Temple
Baylor Scott& White was named the #4 health system by Fortune/IBM Watson. Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Temple is a 574-bed multi-specialty teaching hospital with a Level I Trauma designation. In 2021, the hospital was ranked as the #2 teaching hospital in the United States. The hospital has 31 accredited residency and fellowship programs.
About the Community
Temple is regarded as one of the best areas to live and work in Texas and was ranked the sixth most affordable place to live in the U.S. In addition to no state taxes, Temple enjoys a robust economy, and a cost of living that’s lower than the national average. Served by four independent school districts and nationally recognized Temple College, the community places a high priority on education. Dubbed the “Wildflower Capital of Texas,” Temple lies along the famous Texas Wildflower Trail and is the demographic center of the state, with convenient access to major cities including Dallas, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio.
As the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas, Baylor Scott & White Health provides full-range, inpatient, outpatient, rehabilitation, and emergency medical services through 49 hospitals and more than 800 patient access points. Excellent benefits and compensation including generous relocation, 401K matching, CME, and more.
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Location: Temple, TX