Conference Proceedings in the Journal of Patient-Centered Research and Review
Since 2016, the HCSRN has partnered with the Journal of Patient-Centered Research and Review to publish abstracts from our annual conference, accompanied by overview articles describing key aspects and highlights of the meeting. Links to the overview articles are provided below.
- Partnering to Advance Health Equity and a Welcome Opportunity to Gather: Proceedings From the 28th Annual Conference of the Health Care Systems Research Network Robert T. Greenlee
- Celebrating a Quarter-Century of Public Domain Research: 25th Annual Conference of the Health Care Systems Research Network. Sarah M. Greene, Carolyn A. Taylor, Suma Vupputuri.
- Improving Health and Well-Being: Connecting Research and Practice. The 24th Annual Conference of the Health Care Systems Research Network
- Advancing Learning Health Systems Through Embedded Research: The 23rd Annual Conference of the Health Care Systems Research Network.
- Advancing Population Health: New Models and the Role of Research. An Overview of the 22nd Annual Health Care Systems Research Network Conference.
Essential HCSRN Publications
The articles below feature many of the HCSRN’s cornerstone multisite research projects, as well as the HCSRN’s infrastructure
- Ross TR, Ng D, Brown JS, Pardee R, Hornbrook MC, Hart G, Steiner JF. The HMO Research Network Virtual Data Warehouse: A Public Data Model to Support Collaboration. EGEMS (Wash DC). 2014 Mar 24;2(1):1049. doi: 10.13063/2327-9214.1049. eCollection 2014. PubMed PMID: 25848584; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4371424.
- Greene SM, Wallace P, Nelson AF. 2019 We’ve Only Just Begun – Insights from a 25-Year Journey to Accelerate Health Care Transformation Through Delivery System Research. eGEMs (Generating Evidence & Methods to improve patient outcomes), 7(1): 19, pp. 1–6. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5334/egems.310
- Steiner, John F.; Paolino, Andrea R.; Thompson, Ella E.; and Larson, Eric B. (2014) “Sustaining Research Networks: the Twenty-Year Experience of the HMO Research Network,” eGEMs (Generating Evidence & Methods to improve patient outcomes): Vol. 2: Iss. 2, Article 1. PubMed PMID:25848605 PMC4371441
- Andrade SE, Raebel MA, Boudreau D, Davis RL, Haffenreffer K, Pawloski PA, Toh S, Platt R. Health Maintenance Organizations/Health Plans. In: Eds: Strom BL, Kimmel SE, Hennessy S. Pharmacoepidemiology. Chapter 12, pp 163-188, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, West Sussex, UK. 2012. DOI: 10.1002/9781119959946.ch12; Publisher Summary (book chapter – no abstract).
- Andrade SE, Davis RL, Cheetham TC, Cooper WO, Li DK, Amini T, Beaton SJ, Dublin S, Hammad TA, Pawloski PA, Raebel MA, Smith DH, Staffa JA, Toh S, Dashevsky I, Haffenreffer K, Lane K, Platt R, Scott PE. Medication Exposure in Pregnancy Risk Evaluation Program. Matern Child Health J. 2012 Oct;16(7):1349-54. PMID: 22002179.
- Baggs J, Gee J, Lewis E, Fowler G, Benson P, Lieu T, Naleway A, Klein NP, Baxter R., et al. The Vaccine Safety Datalink: a model for monitoring immunization safety. Pediatrics 2011;127 Suppl 1:S45-S53. PMID: 21502240.
- Davis RL. Medication Exposure in Pregnancy Risk Evaluation Program (MEPREP). J Popul Ther Clin Pharmacol. 2010 Fall;17(3):e336-40. PMID: 21041866.
- Geiger AM, Buist DS, Greene SM, Altschuler A, Field TS. Survivorship research based in integrated healthcare delivery systems: the Cancer Research Network. Cancer 2008 06.01;112(11 Suppl):2617-26. PMID: 18428194. (intro paragraph describes HMORN/HCSRN).
- Magid, DJ, Gurwitz, JH; Rumsfeld, JS; Go, AS. Creating a research data network for cardiovascular disease: the CVRN. Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther. 2008;6:1043–1045. PMID: 18793105 (editorial – no abstract).
- Go AS, Magid DJ, Wells B, et al. The Cardiovascular Research Network: a new paradigm for cardiovascular quality and outcomes research. Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2008;1:138–147. PMID: 20031802.
- Wallace PJ. Reshaping cancer learning through the use of health information technology. Health Aff (Millwood). 2007 Mar-Apr;26(2):w169-77. PMID: 17259200.
- Wagner EH, Greene SM, Hart G, Field TS, Fletcher S, Geiger AM, Herrinton LJ, Hornbrook MC, Johnson CC, Mouchawar J, Rolnick SJ, Stevens VJ, Taplin SH, Tolsma D, Vogt TM. Building a research consortium of large health systems: the Cancer Research Network. J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr. 2005;(35):3-11. PMID: 16287880.
- DeStefano F, for the Vaccine Safety Datalink Research Group. The Vaccine Safety Datalink Project. Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety 2001; 10: 403-406. PMID: 11802585.
- Platt R, Davis R, Finkelstein J, et al. Multicenter epidemiologic and health services research on therapeutics in the HMO Research Network Center for Education and Research on Therapeutics. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2001;10:373–377. PMID: 11802579.
- Chen RT, DeStefano F, Davis RL, Jackson LA, Thompson RS, Mullooly JP, Black SB, Shinefield HR, Vadheim CM., et al. The Vaccine Safety Datalink: immunization research in health maintenance organizations in the USA. Bull World Health Organ 2000;78:186-194. PMID: 10743283.
- Durham ML. Partnerships for Research among Managed Care Organizations. Health AFF (Millwood). 1998;17(1):111-122. PMID: 9455021.
- Chen RT, Glasser JW, Rhodes PH, Davis RL, Barlow WE, Thompson RS, Mullooly JP, Black SB, Shinefield HR, Vadheim CM, Marcy SM, Ward JI, Wise RP, Wassilak SG, Hadler SC. Vaccine Safety Datalink project: a new tool for improving vaccine safety monitoring in the United States. The Vaccine Safety Datalink Team. Pediatrics. 1997 Jun;99(6):765-73. PMID: 9164767.
- Selby JV. Linking automated databases for research in managed care settings. Ann Intern Med. 1997;127(8 pt 2):719–724. PMID: 9382386.
PubMed Search Results
Special Journal Supplement: Health Care Transformation through Delivery System Research
In 2019, the HCSRN published a special issue of eGEMs, AcademyHealth’s open access, peer-reviewed journal. The 16 articles in this collection commemorate 25 years of the Health Care System Research Network’s rigorous research to improve health outcomes and health systems’ performance by leveraging electronic health data. The articles are organized around three main focus areas: effective approaches to collaboration, optimizing data from EHRs to support research, and applying electronic health data for improvement at the point-of-care. View and download all of the articles from the HCSRN journal supplement.
Contribute to Our Infrastructure Bibliography
The Health Care Systems Research Network maintains a list of publications that describe our Network, conferences, relationships, methods, data, and more. Contact us with new citations for the Network’s infrastructure bibliography.