The HCSRN offers numerous resources to facilitate multi-site reseach in the Network. Use the link provided below to go to the HCSRN website where you will find these resources under Tools & Materials. We also provide a quick link to the HCSRN's Virtual Data Warehouse information below, as well as some sample documents that may be of interest to investigators contemplating collaborating with MHRN and the larger HCSRN. For the most recent versions of these sample documents, please visit the HCSRN website.
- Health Care System Research Network (HCSRN) website - MHRN is part of the larger Health Care Sytems Research Network. Use this link to go to the HCSRN website where you will find valuable information describing this larger network's resources and capabilities.
- Virtual Data Warehouse - "One of the hallmarks of the HCSRN is the variety and amount of electronic administrative data about the health and health care utilization of the sites' enrollees and the adoption of electronic medicalrecords at most of the sites. To make these data more easily accessible for multicenter research projects, we have constructed a virtual data warehouse - the VDW. The VDW is not a centralized data warehouse, —it is “virtual” , consisting of parallel databases set up identically at each of the HCSRN sites that can be easily merged across sites."
- HCSRN project portfolio, 2008 - 2010 - 7-page reference snapshot of representative projects by NIH and other sponsors. Lists title, PI, prime institution, award amount and funding agency.
- Types of health care systems by site - table of site business entities, delivery system relationships, and elements of the corporate entities' payment systems.
- Specialized research facilities by site - table listing sites with research clinics, survey departments, and facilities than can conduct research laboratory tests and fill research prescriptions. Based on 2011/2012 site self-report.